We have partnered with National Driver Training (Phone: 800-942-2050) to facilitate this training.
· This program consists of at least 30 hours of instructions and includes components about alcohol safety, drug abuse awareness, aggressive driving, distracted driving, pedestrian and bicycle safety, handicapped parking, fuel efficient driving practices, motorcycle awareness and organ and tissue donation awareness as required by law.
· You must be at least 15 years and 6 months old to take the online driver education course. All individuals who elect to take the classroom component of the driver’s education course online must take the online course through a DMV licensed driver training school. Home-schooled students are exempt from this requirement.
· In order to benefit from the course, you must be able to work independently and be comfortable with using a computer.
How it works:
1. Complete the registration process. Click Here to fill out the Registration Form (http://www.drivingschoolalexandria.com/registration-form/)
2. Parents must complete the form DTS 62 Parental Consent for Online Driver Education Course (https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/pdf/dts62.pdf)
3. Sign an agreement with Pola Driving School.
4. Pay fee in full
5. Once you register and pay the course fee, you will be sent an email with a password to access the partner site. http://www.usdrivertraining.com/login-va.php
6. Upon completion of the online course, you will be directed back to us to complete the final exam. The website will give you written verification of completion of the theory portion, which you will need to bring with you in order to take your final exam
7. Please call us to schedule a time to take the final exam. See number 4 below, under Test Procedure.
On the day of testing you must bring the following:
1. Photo identification (DMV issued identification card, school issued identification card, valid passport or military identification)
2. Proof of completion of the additional 90 minute parent/teen course if you are under 18 and live in Planning District 8 (counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William and cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Manassas and Manassas Park)
3. The student will need to complete an exam at the end of the course to obtain a certificate of completion.
4. You can now do the final exam at home and do not need to come in to the school to take the exam, however you do need to call when you are ready to take the online test for us to give you an authorization code for you to be able to login and complete the test. If you prefer to come into our school at 4900 Leesburg Pike, Office 208, Alexandria, VA 22302; you need to make an appointment. We will provide you with a computer for testing. Please call us during business hours 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM to make an appointment.
5. The test is graded and the results are revealed. If the student passes the course, the instructor will receive the certificate of completion for that student and can continue with the behind-the-wheel portion of the course Or Issues the certificate to the student when there is a request to transfer.
6. If the student fails the examination, the student will be allowed to review any section of the completed course to prepare to take the examination again.
Contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
DMV is committed to promoting transportation safety through the certification of quality driver training programs. If you have comments or concerns about this course, call our toll-free number: 1-877-885-5790.